This homemade orange and honey granola is made with simple ingredients, and makes for a deliciously light and crunchy breakfast or afternoon snack. This granola is perfect partnered with a smoothie bowl, or mixed with yoghurt and seasonal fruits.
This recipe is a favourite in our household and is perfect when you have snoozed your alarm and have a limited amount of time!
Each spoonful is filled with toasted almonds, warming cinnamon, sweet vanilla and the zest from an orange. The great thing about granola is it's so versatile - you can add pretty much anything you fancy to it and substitute the ingredients for your own favourites.
- 2 teaspoons orange zest ( from about 1 1/2 oranges)
- 2 tablespoons unrefined cane sugar
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups whole almonds
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 raisins, preferably golden
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper
2. In a small bowl, combine the orange zest and sugar. Use your finger tips to rub the zest into the sugar until it's bright orange and very fragrant. This step will ensure that your granola is infused with a prominent orange flavour.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, almonds, salt, cinnamon and orange sugar. Once combined, pour in the coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- you can add coconut flakes or goji berries for extra flavour and nutrients!