This recipe was a real experiment inspired by the amazing world of Instagram. I love trying new flavours , combinations and recipes and find my breakfast is never the same! This is the first time I’ve baked a banana and it is incredible! Highly recommended! For a good breakfast, I make sure the ingredients are full of fibre, at least 2 portions of fruit and veg, high protein content and provides slow releasing energy to keep me going throughout the day. For me oats are just perfect for a filling breakfast which can never get boring! If you’re leading a busy lifestyle always make time for breakfast and use your Sundays for essential meal prep!
Breakfasts like these are essential when your living a healthy and active lifestyle as well as training for an event. So if your like me, love food, love trying new recipes, live an active and healthy lifestyle – after all summer is just around the corner which is motivating me to get my diet tip top, try this when you’ve got a bit of free time! Admittedly this isn’t the quickest of breakfasts but believe me its worth the wait and no better time than a weekend morning.
1 cup of oats
1/3 cup of chia seeds
1 tbls of vanilla protein powder (use plant based alternative for vegan option)
1 1/2 cup of cashew milk
Splash of water (add more if needed)
1 tsp of coconut oil
1/4 tsp of cinnamon
1/4 of ground ginger
A handful of raspberries
1 kiwi (chopped)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees
2. Slice the banana and add the coconut oil, cinnamon and ginger and place into the oven for 30 minutes
3. In a saucepan add the oats, chia seeds and protein powder
4. Place on a low heat, add the cashew milk and water
5. Stir continuously for 8-10 minutes (or until desired consistency is reached) and add to a bowl
6. Remove banana from the oven and place on top of your oats
7. Add raspberries, kiwi and sprinkle with cinnamon and ginger (optional)
This is certainly a recipe you can double up on to feed as many mouths as you need! I can guarantee it will be a crowd pleaser. You can tailor the recipe as much as you like by adding different fruit, coulis, sauces, peanut butter, chocolate (if you need a sweet kick).